Wednesday, November 21, 2012

12 Nights of Must Watch Holiday Movies: White Christmas


The Movie:
This movie is like Christmas candy for the eyes!  Even looking at the DVD Case puts me in the Christmas mood :)  It's the musical story of two song and dance duos that hook up to put on a Christmas show to benefit a struggling ski-resort lodge in the midst of a snow-less winter season.

Why it's a must watch:
It's a classic and probably already on your list.  I love it for the way I feel in just the first few words as Bing Crosby sings I'm Dreaming of A White Christmas, the fantastic dance numbers, the amazing color spectacular, and the heartwarming plot that all melt together for dazzling array of Christmas fabulocity.  It's fun & catchy (be prepared to be singing "Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters . . . " for the next few days).  I also can't resist singing "I want to wash my hands, my face, my hair with snow" every year when it finally snows!


My Rating:
Really family friendly and fun for all ages.
The opening has an attack scene in a war setting, other than that I think it is smooth sailing!

Your Movie Night:
Snack:
This would be a great after-dinner movie to enjoy with some yummy white cake like this amazing one from AskChefDennis.com:
Craft Idea:
Gather together all the goods you'd need to make snowflakes while watching then deck out your house in it's very own "white christmas" when it's over.  Pinterest is bursting at the seams with awesome snowflake craft ideas at all different age/skill levels, here are some of my favorites:





See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...