Saturday, December 9, 2017

Humbly Returning to the Blog World, Because: Christmas :)



That was the title of a blog series I wrote in October of 2013.  

I had a 3 and 5 year old and thought I had it all figured out:  Do ALL the Christmas work in October, then sit back and chillax/enjoy the holidays through December.

WRONG.  

Almost comical. While I will say, I had some pretty good ideas, there isn’t a mom out there getting that stuff done 2 months in advance….is there??? at least not in my circle!

I saw an article recently about how women make Christmas happen.  Ain't that the truth?  I’m not trying to play that card, I am just pretty sure we don’t have QUITE as many dad’s fretting the night before December 1st that the Advent Calendar isn’t ready....I think.

The thing is, making Christmas happen with all it’s magic and traditions we hope our kids will look back on fondly when they’re grown is just this: super. hard.

This blog, or maybe just writing in general, has been calling for me to come back as of late but I felt like I needed to clear the air before we start:  this isn’t a perfect mommy blog where everything magically falls in place 2 months in advance, and I’m sorry if I ever tried to present myself as that type of person. Oh wow, those of you that know me know that I am the polar opposite of that person.  If we’re being real, this is the running around with my hair on fire hoping to accomplish maybe half of what I've set out to do in the hopes that I can make my kids smile today, just today, because I can't even think about all the shenanigans I'm already behind on for tomorrow- type of blog.  

I know we’re all operating at different levels of having our sh*t together, but I think we’ve all got similar goals and really similar outcomes and I’m hoping this blog can inspire you WHILE making you feel like you’ve got a comrade in the trenches with ya.  Godspeed, holiday-time mom, you got this!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...