Sunday, December 10, 2017

Clear Plastic Ornaments, I was so wrong about you

Every now and then I see a pin that was MADE for me.  Like I must be the EXACT target audience they were going for.  This garland tutorial by Handmade Charlotte was one of those pins.  Like I literally CAN. NOT. deal with how fabulous this idea is.

The craft snob in me has been pretty hard on clear plastic ornaments in the past.  Like they’re clear and plastic... and they look like it.  Yah, no thanks.  But I’m not about to hand my kiddos giant glass ornaments for this project so plastic it is.  The second I dropped some paint in, I squealed...eeeek! ALL THE HEART EYES!  This is the best idea ever!  They maintain their gloss you can add any fun color and they legit are coming out looking like they’re straight out of my dream world: the Land of Nod catalog.  For reals, go buy ALL the clear plastic ornaments :P  They’re such a win!  


Troubleshooting:  I didn’t read the tutorial before starting :(  If you have any crafty, or cook-y inclinations, you might be like me and suffer from a poorly misinformed over confidence.  Looks at picture: needs no instructions.  I got this.  So, oops, I didn’t read about adding a little water to the paint to thin it out, nor her warning about not adding too much.  So mine are here two days later with globs of thick, wet paint still sitting in the bottom...These babies may never dry!  Read her instructions, it’s worth it!


For Shizzle, you could stop after adding color to these amazing clear plastic ornaments and you would not be without some confidence boosting I made these! Results.  But the faces and the pipe cleaner, next level cuteness!  Here are some of our guys:



I decided to make mine into a wreath because my fabulous yarn ball wreath died somewhere between carelessly tossing it in the garage last January thinking I would organize my Christmas stuff and pulling it out from under a tote of shred and recycle precariously balanced in a pile this November.  Oh weird, one more thing I didn’t do that I was certain I would.  



At any rate, I’m not even mad because check her out:

Thank you a zillion times over Handmade Charlotte!  Girlfriend KNOWS what’s up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...