Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Our Advent: DIY Paper Roll Elves

Guess who has 2 thumbs and didn't heed her own bloggity advice about getting her advent calendar completed way in advance . . . THIS GIRL!!  So there I was the night before December 1, sawing down mailing and gift wrap tubes to add to the toilet and paper towel rolls I had begun saving way too late to have the full 48 (although I prefered the variety of sizes so let's just say that's how I'd always envisioned it!!).  Here's the ugly truth about last-minute (or any really) craft marathons:



I had pinned this image last year:  

so I used that as my starting off point.  The pink/red scheme is inspired by Jovie's elf costume at the end of Elf :) 


 I used felt for their clothes, puffy fabric paint for the numbers, and baby socks for the hat (tied in a knot and then snipped off).  Aren't they cute??!


Each little elf is stuffed with a tiny gift to help my girlies count down the days till Christmas!  It wasn't particularly easy to find things to fill such narrow spaces so the mailing tube elves were really helpful.  Here's what it looks like all displayed!  (My husband put up 2 very basic shelves at the girls level using just two boards and 4 small L-brackets).

How are you counting down the days till Christmas?


1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous idea! I love your elves - it looks like such a fun project!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...