Monday, November 19, 2012

12 Nights of Must Watch Holiday Movies: Olive The Other Reindeer


The Movie:
I was probably only 13 or 14 when I first stumbled across the book that this movie is based on.
I instantly fell in love with the quirky illustration style and the cute idea of mishearing "all of the other reindeer" as "Olive, the other reindeer" :)  When it was made into a movie a couple years later, I was thrilled!  If you haven't watched this movie yet, you are in for a total treat!  It's the story of Olive, a little dog, who ventures to save Christmas when Blitzen is injured during flight practice.

Why It's A Must Watch:
Laugh out loud clever moments, fun music, and silly animation!
Since introducing this movie to my kids I've seen it somewhere in the realm of 10,000 times and it still has parts that make me laugh out loud (pretty much everything Tim Meadows as Richard Stands says)!  This is a definite crowd pleaser for all ages!

My "rating":
This is family friendly for all ages.  There is a high-speed chase between the postman and the bus where the action level is mildly high, that was the only part my littles ever showed any anxiety.


Your Holiday Family Movie Night:
This movie would lend itself great to a family snuggle in Christmas themed jammies!

Snack Ideas:
Feast on Reindeer Chow (aka Muddy Buddies) and Hot Cocoa

Craft/Prop Idea:

You can all be reindeer like Olive if you grab a few pairs of Felt Antler Headbands (I'm almost always able to find 2 packs at the dollar store year after year) or you could make your own which I sorta suspect sounds a little easier than it really is :)

Come back Tomorrow for another Must-Watch Holiday Movie!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...