Saturday, October 20, 2012

Easy Pumpkin Pancakes

Fall is totally in the air and it's array of colors and flavors and aromas are so cozy I want to knit them into a blanket and wrap myself in it while I sip a Pumpkin Spice Latte for the rest of the month.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't already listening to my "The Man With The Bag" Pandora station and day dreaming about Christmas adventures to come, but I'm trying to stop and take a breather and enjoy all the beauty that is Autumn.

So today I made Pumpkin Pancakes.  A sort of "cheat" version but just as tasty and fall-esque as I had hoped for!  Plus the littles and my Mr. loved them, so win win :)

You should make these too and join me on a fall-savoring day!

All you need is pancake mix, canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice (yep, another shortcut!), and whipped cream.

To make about a dozen CD sized pancakes:

2 C Pancake Mix
Half of a 16 oz. can pumpkin
generous sprinkling of pumpkin pie spice (i'm not sure if this could be overdone :P haha)
1 1/2 C water

Make as package directed except add the pumpkin and spice before the water.  These were quite thick which was pretty tasty for us but you can adjust your water according to your taste.  I coat my pan with Coconut Oil (which I lovey mcLove LOVE!) and cooked the pancakes for about 1-2 min. each.  They turn out the prettiest pale pumpkin-y color and make your kitchen smell fabulous!

To serve, add whip cream and a sprinkle of spice!
Enjoy!!

ps I have a hunch these would freeze nicely, if you don't want a spare half can of pumpkin going to waste in your fridge you could double the batch and freeze your leftovers!



Need some more fall inspiration?  Check out this pumpkin-y etsy treasury I curate here.


I'm linking up with Today's Creative Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...