Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Grinchy Problem

We've been watching How The Grinch Stole Christmas a lot in my house the past week or two. When I stumbled upon these dresses on etsy I knew Y would absolutely flip to have one of them:



I, however, have a very grinchy problem when it comes to things like these, maybe you other crafters will know what I'm talking about. It's so hard for me to buy something fabulous someone else has made if I have the notion that I might be able to do it myself! It's terrible!! I, by no means, am under any illusion that my end product will be in any way better (it often is not even close!). I just have this abnormal notion of "hey, I could do that" that constantly rings through my ears whilst shopping handmade :)

So, rather than doing the easy and smart thing and just buying one of those super super SUPER adorable dresses above, I went ahead and bought . . . GRINCH fabric!!! haha, why do I do these things?!?! So here's hoping I can produce something even remotely close in the realm of cuteness and I know know KNOW I'll be recruiting my super-seam sewing awesomeness husband, but you know what the most amazing part is: Y will love it just as much and maybe more than if I had bought one :) It totally makes it worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...