Monday, December 10, 2012

12 Nights of Must Watch Holiday Movies: Charlie Brown Christmas


The Movie:
I'm sure this is already on your list.  This would be my kids' pick for favorite, I'm sure.  The story of how Charlie Brown tries to beat the Christmas blues on his search for the true meaning of Christmas.

Why It's A Must Watch:
The climactic moment where Linus recites the passage in Luke 2:8-14 explaining what Christmas is really hits the nail on the head.  (We recently went to the K-Love Christmas concert and the lead singer for Sidewalk Prophets pointed out that Linus holds out his security blanket and drops it as he says the word's "fear not, for I bring you tidings of great joy . . .", I can't believe I haven't noticed that in the 9 million times we've watched this movie).
Also the snowy scenes and pleasant music always leave me feeling warm and fuzzy :)


My Rating:
Family friendly for all ages BUT be aware they totally drop the S-bomb (stupid) a couple times (at each point my kids both turn to me and say "that's not very nice").

Your Movie Night:
Wouldn't it be awesome if you could knock out some of these amazing cookies?  (Mine would NEVER look this fabulous, sadly)

or what about these amazing Charlie Brown Strawberries (these i might be able to do)

img source HWTM









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...