Sunday, May 13, 2012

Hot Air Balloon Cupcakes


It was a weekend full of early mornings, old friends, zillions of little cousins, and hot air balloons.  I had the epiphany to make these hot air balloon cupcakes and was absolutely thrilled to see them turn out the way I had pictured in my head (not an incredibly common occurrence).  They  turned out crazy cute and super easy!

All you need is the mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (like the super-small gumdrop sized ones) and gummy fruit slices . . . and also cupcakes ;)



I used one and a half fruit slices and one whole peanut butter cup to make each balloon.


I cut the slices in half down the middle of the back and then insert one half in the middle of 2 slices like this:


Press the whole peanut butter cup half-way down into the frosted cupcake and place the balloon top above and you're done!  These were a hit, seriously cute!



I'm linking up with Skip To My Lou, Naptime Crafters, Today's Creative Blog, Free Pretty Things For You

4 comments:

  1. Super cute! Someday I hope to have time to do adorable things like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, these are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh these are ADORABLE!!!!! What a sweet idea, I just love it! The balloons look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...