Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snowed In

Or iced in, as it were.

My town and my family are essentially out of commission. If you open the front door, you'll hear the pitter patter of a million icy pellets slick-coating our roads mixed with the scritch scratch of a few brave souls trying to scrape their windshields. . . schools are canceled, we'll be staying inside today. It's almost 8 o'clock but if you peeked inside Y's bedroom you'd see this:The girls had an impromptu party at 4 am this morning. . . why?!?! It involved peanut butter sandwiches, an episode of little bear, a trip to the potty and anything else one could think of to avoid going back to bed. These bees were so busy that even 2 of the 3 ever-so-loyal chihuahuas that LOVE sleeping with them abandoned ship and took refuge in the solace of their dog crate. My husband couldn't help but laugh when he saw that. . . you know it's bad when they walk out on you!

So 6 o'clock rolled around and the rockstars ceased their party and fell back asleep for what I predict will be a late late morning. But mamma's awake and rocking out to the music on this sweet friend's blog and dreaming of a Starbucks within snowshoeing distance (which there is not).

Being snowed in with a couple hours to myself opens up all kind of crafting possibilities. I've narrowed it down to two. What should I do? My dad has been doing home improvements and graced me with this precious box of 2x4 scraps a few days ago that I've been day dreaming of. . .
OR is today living room curtain day?

I'll post later and tell you what won :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...