Friday, December 30, 2011

For Auld Lang Syne, My Dear Glittler Banner DIY

Well, like all good creative stories, this one began on Pinterest. I found both of these pictures linked to tutorials and fell in love with the idea.
I really fell in love with that "creampuff" font used in the first picture and so I first and foremost had to hunt it down and download it!

I printed out the lyric "For Auld Lang Syne, My Dear" and then glue sticked the words onto a flattened cereal box (it'll take a little more than 1). Next I carefully cut out the words from the cardboard. Then I slathered them in elmers glue before dousing them with gold glitter (my favorite part!) Once dry I punched tiny holes in the top and threaded string through it. A very basic project and I am in love with the results! I love the look so much I think I'll need to make several from my favorite song lyrics and just periodically change them out. My mantle will be looking quite unfortunate after the holidays otherwise.

If you would like to make this exact banner, I uploaded the text as a pdf here, you're welcome to use it!

I'm linking up with Today's Creative Blog, Skip to My Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...