Tuesday, November 29, 2011

a GIANT glitter house: Christmas Playhouse

Did you see our piano-top glitter houses? Well, in one of my can't-sleep-'cause-visions-of-craft-things-and-ideas-I-saw-on-pinterest-are-dancing-through-my-head nights, I came up with the brilliant idea to make a big playhouse sized one my girls could play in, just for the holiday season. Enter: Discovery Kids cardboard playhouse.
I bought it at Rite Aid (i <3 rite aid!) for $19.99 and wow, has it been a hit!!! Even before it was decorated, they LOVED it! I, on the other hand, thought it would be a little smaller, it is a giant!

With a glue stick, some double sided tape (both of which worked GREAT surprisingly) and a roll of sparkly wrapping paper I began attaching my glittery siding to the house! The snowy roof is leftover fuzzy fabric from Miss A's Rainbow Brite Sprite costume that I was just days away from throwing out (I also had some leftover quilt batting I could have used). I went around corners and edges with clear shipping tape when I was done, just so there weren't any loose sides to grab at. I then added some $0.99 tinsel garland, a string of lights and a pretty pink wreath I had lying around :) It looks like a house from Whoville and now I can handle it being in my living room all season :)

The whole project, including the house (but not the snowy fabric) was less than $30!


P.S. The girls L-O-V-E it!
Todays Creative BlogTip  Junkie handmade projects

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. WOW. That's incredible. Nice work on that...I love the snowy roof!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, wow, wow, wow! That is one of the BEST uses of a cardboard box I have ever seen! I adore it! My kids would think I was the BEST mom on the planet if I did this with them. =) Would you please share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays linky party? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/12/fun-stuff-fridays-2.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...