Monday, April 23, 2012

DIY Planter Tutorial: My Happy Houseplants


I tend to keep ridiculous things, a habit that I think is made much more justifiable if I can re-purpose said ridiculous items . . . right?!  Thus was born these pokemon planters!  This could be done with any old water bottle, toy or really whatever, most anything with a hollow space can become a planter, the weirder the better!

I rescued these little critters from my brother's yardsale box.  I have many a memory of him marching around with glasses and spikey yellow-bleached hair never without his pokemon cards and toys.  The shorter is just a plastic figuring, the large one used to be a sports cup (the head unswcrewed and there was a hole for a straw). 

Here's how I gave them new lives as happy little houseplanters:

Supplies: 

 First, using your wider drill bit (really as wide a hole as you can get without compromising the look of your planter is best, it's hard to get the plants into the smaller holes.


 Next, fill the planters with a layer of pebbles/rocks at the bottom for drainage and then potting soil.  then all you have to do is carefully insert your plants and find a place for your fabulously unique new planters!  Mine found a sunny little home on the bathroom windowsill.

I'm linking up with Nesting Place, Today's Creative Blog


4 comments:

  1. Ahhh! How smart are you?? These are great!!! Gave me some pretty good ideas!!

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those are amazing! I am now in love with your blog just cos you have Pokemon toys still <3

    LOVE!

    - Adele @ Mammy Made

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...